The Bluebird

I was recently asked to come up with a illustration for a new show by theatre company Butterfly Psyche. They are producing a christmas show for winter 2013, and needed a strong image to sell the show. I gave the client some initial rough sketches and they selected the route shown below.

Initially i was going to do a stylised photoshop image but was recently inspired by Aaron Horkey & Ken Taylor who are both amazing illustrators who blow my mind with everything they produce. So i went about producing possible the most detailed vector illustration I have attempted for the last 10 years.

I am extremely happy with the final image and cant wait to finish the poster for the client.


A couple of close ups




Thanks for looking

Comments

  1. Great image - I can see the Horkey inspiration in the little thread and key :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts